Have you ever experienced joy and fulfillment from some types of work that you do? Time seems to pass un-noticed, and your energy level remains high.
Conversely, other types of work feel like a drain and leave you unfulfilled. Time inches by and your energy is drained as you do that type of work.
The Working Genius model, developed by Patrick Lencioni of The Table Group, helps individuals and teams identify in what aspects of the work lifecycle they find joy and fulfilment, and in what others they find frustration. Individuals are made self-aware of how they can adapt their primary responsibilities to increase their productivity, and teams learn how to complement each other to optimize their results.
This is something every individual – and every team – should care about, as we all hope to find joy and fulfillment in our work, and to help our friends and colleagues find that same satisfaction as well.
Here are five reasons that leaders should care about Working Genius:
- Understand where you find energy in work
- Retain current employees
- Hire new employees for work they’ll enjoy
- Assign complementary teams to projects
- Improve employee development
What is the Working Genius Model?
The Working Genius assessment is 20% personality and 80% productivity. People who understand their genius show up to work happier, are more effective, and play well with others. The Working Genius takes the work lifecycle, as described below, and assesses individuals for areas of Working Genius, Working Frustrations, and Working Competencies. Based on the individual assessments of team members, a Team Map can be compiled which highlights the team’s strengths, gaps, and opportunities for growth.
How will working with a Certified Working Genus Facilitator help me or my team?
Working with a Certified Facilitator can transform work for people by helping them:
- Understand why they have been successful or unsuccessful in past endeavors
- Clarify which types of work give joy and energy and which types are draining and difficult
- Avoid making unfair and inaccurate judgments about one another’s motivation
- Alleviate guilt about struggles people have with certain types of work
- Improve dialogue and directives in team meetings
- Make quick and concrete adjustments to roles and responsibilities to better tap into one another’s strengths, and avoid one another’s weaknesses
- Get more done in less time
Our Principal, Andrea Jones, is now a Certified Working Genius Facilitator. We would be happy to talk with you about whether this is the right time to bring your Leadership Team through a Working Genius team facilitation. Additionally, if it makes sense for you, our consulting team can stay to help you realize the benefits of optimizing your organization around the Working Genius model.
Download the Working Genius Marketing flyer below, and Contact Us today to learn more about how the Working Genius can help your team!